Do you want to honor a loved one or a pet?
Do you have a favorite vacation photo that you want to re-create?
Do you want to give them a unique and beautiful gift that will leave them speechless?
You could be the ideal client for purchasing your own custom piece.
Each painting is started on a canvas, hand-made and mounted on panels by Joel. While we can list our base pricing, it is subject to change depending on number of people/pets being painted; or the overall complexity of the piece.
Think about where the painting will hang, before deciding what size of canvas to order.
Frequently Asked Questions
*Commission paintings are done on a first come first serve basis as I only take on a few at a time.
WHAT KIND OF MATERIALS DO YOU USE?
- All paintings are done on a hand-wrapped canvas mounted on plywood with high quality oil paints. Once finished, the painting is varnished with a protective clear coat.
WHAT IS REQUIRED IN ORDER TO BOOK?
- A 50% deposit is required to start your painting. The rest is required upon completion BEFORE pick-up or shipment.
WHAT DOES IT COST TO SHIP THE PAINTING?
- Shipping cost will be added to the total, price depends on the size of canvas but usually costs anywhere from $10-$25. If you are local to Denver, CO you can pick-up instead.
HOW LONG DOES THE PAINTING TAKE
- The painting can take anywhere between 3-6 weeks depending on a few factors. Please keep this in mind before ordering.
WHAT DOES JOEL NEED TO COMPOSE A PAINTING?
- The BEST custom portraits come when Joel is able to come and photograph the person or pet himself. If this is not an option he will do a consultation with you and require 5 photos of the subject each of which must be approved by him. This ensures he captures the true look and personality of the subject.